What is the perfect theme for a clothing store blog.....  

Posted by Elisa

Not this blog, but the blog I want to do for the clothing store needs a theme, I think.

I've been looking at advice others have for business-related blogs and trying to figure out what would make people want to read a Clothing Store Blog!
Define your blog has advice about theme, specifically for business bloggers
success for your blog has a blurb on creating a theme

So I have a feeling nice photos of the store aren't gonna cut it (ie get readership that promotes the shop and converts to sales) ... and maybe photos of the great new top we just got in or whatever would be interesting, but that's basically what is already on the online store....

The store I want to develop a blog for is Not Just Pretty Modern Clothing in Victoria, BC, Canada. This is my mom's store and she sells ethical, sustainable, organic, cotton, soy, bamboo, recycled, and vintage clothing, accessories, shoes and jewelry, skincare and haircare.

So she already has a niche, in sustainable style, also known as ethical fashion, and she carries lots of local designers and her stuff is really beautiful.

So my idea is to do blog that looks mainly like a street-style blog, showing photos of real people (customers/employees/family members) looking good wearing sustainable clothing....

I say mainly because I am sorta wishy washy and figure we might want to put some articles about designers, articles about environmental issues and eco-fashion. I think it also might be a good idea to intersperse the photos of real people with photos of models in there too... fashion shows, etc... if it looks good and it's related to the shop... put it in...

But the main deal is that I don't think I could write fashion editorial. However, I do think that people would "tune in " to a clothing store blog to "people-watch", like the "smile-of-the-day" in newspapers, street style-style.... to check out photos and not read too much...! Lots of photos (with pithy titles and catchy captions, of course) would be easy to post regularly and there wouldn't be so much pressure to post intelligent editorial all the time (haha!)

Good idea? I'd love to get feedback....

This entry was posted on Friday, April 18, 2008 and is filed under , , , , , . You can leave a response and follow any responses to this entry through the Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom) .

0 comments